I made a few baby blankets for an auction.
The first is the Textured Grid baby blanket. You can get the pattern at Bernat. I used TLC Baby in the colorway “Lovey”. I used approximately 3.75 skeins of yarn. This blanket took me an astounding 11 days to finish. Granted, I wasn’t working on it for several hours a day, but it still took a lot longer than I expected. It is 28″x36″.
The next blanket that I made was from the same pattern as my Mist Stole Curtains. The stitch pattern is a free Ravelry download. Get it here. This blanket took me 8 days to make. I used TLC Baby in the colorway “Girly Girl”. I used approximately 3.25 skeins of yarn. It is 25″x35″. I used these directions for the ruffle.
The third blanket was the FanTail Baby Blanket. This blanket took me 5 days to finish. I used Red Heart Soft in the “Off White” colorway. It is 28-inches square. It took almost 3 skeins of yarn. Because I wanted this blanket to be gender-neutral, I didn’t opt for the fancy border. You can get the pattern here. I didn’t notice that the bottom right corner was stretched out in the photo, until after I had delivered the blanket to the auctioneer. Doh!
Now I’m on a mission to make a cowl for my sweetheart…